Our Standard cover
automatically includes:

Malicious Damage by Tenants

Loss of Rent

Trace & Access

Property Owners Liability
at £5,000,000

Frequently asked

What is landlords' insurance?

What does it cover?

As a Landlord how do I reduce the risk of problem tenants?

All these questions answered and more...

Latest News
  • 7th August 2018

    Bank of England Base Rate Increase

  • 23rd November 2016

    IPT to Increase again to 12% in June 2017

  • 21st July 2016

    My property is unoccupied, do I still need insurance?

Landlord Rent Guarantee,
Legal Expenses & Home Emergency Cover

The Rent Guarantee would cover your rent cover in the event of a tenant default, cover for up to £2,500 per month

Legal Expenses up to an amount of £50,000 are included within this policy as standard.

The Home Emergency policy provides assistance and cover for the following emergency situations:

  • Loss of Utilities
  • Plumbing and Drainage
  • Central Heating & Boiler Breakdown
  • Water Supply
  • Lost Keys
  • Pest Infestation
Unoccupied Properties
and Properties undergoing structural works

Most property insurance policies will not cover you for long term unoccupancy or whilst structural works are being undertaken. These situations can often arise prior to a property being occupied by tenants and so we have developed some expertise in this area and have access to a range of Insurers who will offer cover to property owners who find themselves in such a situation.

Various options are available including policies for shorter periods of 3 or 6 months.

Cover is usually restricted to losses as a result of Fire, Lightning, Aircraft and Explosion but can be increased to include certain additional risks such as Subsidence, right through to full cover including Malicious Damage and Theft.

You will usually be expected to arrange for inspection the property on a regular basis, 

Mortgage Protection

Do you have Mortgage Protection for Buy-to-Let Properties ?

Life Insurance for mortgages is essential and designed to pay off the outstanding balance on your mortgage loan should you die within the policy term.  You are more than likely to have cover for your main residential mortgage, however covering your buy-to-let property can be just as important.

If your family are unable to manage the buy-to-let property in your absence and need to sell the property, they would need to continue paying for the mortgage until the property could be sold.  This causing an undue burden for all concerned. . Protecting your buy to let property with a mortgage would guarantee your family receiving the property as an additional asset.   

If you are interested in finding out more about this please contact one of our advisers who will be happy to assist you.

What our customers say

It is always a very efficient and painless process renewing my insurance with Landlord Insurance Services. With out a doubt they want to get the best deal and insurance to meet your needs.
JP - Property Developer

The team at Landlord Insurance Services have been insuring our 40+ properties for a few years now I have always found them to be very professional and efficient.
PF - Investor